Monday, May 12, 2008

Technorati

This is actually a link so Technorati can find me and get me into its search engines. Kind of self-serving, I know, and nothing readers are particularly interested. Makes me wonder, though, how much promotional crap has to appear on a blog before it starts pissing people off.

A lot of people freaked out when cable stations started putting little logos on the screen to ID what channel you're watching. That never bothered me; actually I rarely noticed them. Those things have been growing to the extent that you often have a whole layer of identifiers and promos for other shows running at the bottom of the screen.

That's a little distracting, but only really annoying when they start rolling clips or dynamic grafix down there.

I don't usually pay much attention to the social-networking promos or links on web content, either, except when they get really excessive, as is the case with one of the sites I write for.

The links I put on here are mainly to get the blog to appear in various places, not necessarily encourage people to go post links. So I hope they don't bother you.

There's a fine line between avoiding visual spam and keeping your radar profile so small no one ever finds you.

Thanks for reading, anyway.

Technorati Profile

No comments: